Welcome to the CSA conference!
We would like to invite you to the Cognitive Science Arena (CSA).
Our aim is to set a conference where young researchers can present their work in a friendly and cooperative environment with the audience challenging him/her in a fruitful debate. The goal of CSA is to provide a competent and useful “boot camp” for anyone how would like to a) practice the skills of giving a talk or discussing a poster, and b) develop his/her research based on suggestions from the audience. Along this line, highly innovative research ideas are encouraged as well as "in progress" research.
The key-ideas of the CSA are the following:
- papers by young scientists only (students, doctoral students and post-doctoral students, researchers with a fixed-term contract...);
- long time for each speaker: 15 minutes talk + 10 minutes discussion;
- "You will never talk alone": poster-session with dedicated time for each poster.
- "Short-talks for posters": Poster presenters are also asked to prepare a three- minutes talk to show the content of the poster to the audience;
- "Verba volant, scripta manent" (aka, several anonymous reviewers): at the end of each talk and poster, attendees can write comments, criticisms and suggestions to the speaker, delivered at the end of the talk (or poster) session;
- in progress and high-risk research is also welcome!
The conference will be held in Brixen-Bressanone (Italy) in February 15-16th, 2019 at the Faculty of Education, Free University of Bozen-Bolzano, viale Ratisbona 16, in Brixen-Bressanone (BZ, Italy). How to get there?
New this year!
a) "HOT TOPIC: FUTURE CHALLENGES IN COGNITIVE SCIENCE: THE NEW FRONTIER OF HUMAN-ROBOT INTERACTION"
This year we will host an invited talk by Alessandra Sciutti (Assistant Professor in Bioengineering at DIBRIS, University of Genoa and Researcher Affiliated of IIT) on “The new frontiers in human-robot interaction”. The talk is scheduled for Saturday at the end of the afternoon session.