Welcome to the CSA conference!
We would like to invite you to the Cognitive Science Arena (CSA).
Our aim is to set a conference where young researchers can present their work in a friendly and cooperative environment with the audience challenging him/her in a fruitful debate. The goal of CSA is to provide a competent and useful “boot camp” for anyone how would like to a) practice the skills of giving a talk or discussing a poster, and b) develop his/her research based on suggestions from the audience. Along this line, highly innovative research ideas are encouraged as well as "in progress" research.
The key-ideas of the CSA are the following:
- works by young scientists only (students, doctoral students and post-doctoral students, researchers with a fixed-term contract...);
- long time for talks and discussion: 20 minutes talk + 10 minutes discussion for each speaker;
- "You will never talk alone" poster-session with dedicated time for each poster. Poster presenters are also asked to prepare a three- minutes talk to show the content of the poster to the audience;
- "Verba volant, scripta manent" (aka, several anonymous reviewers): at the end of each talk and poster, attendees can write comments, criticisms and suggestions to the speaker. Comments are delivered to the speaker at the end of the talk (or poster) session;
- in progress and high-risk research is also welcome!
The conference will be held in Brixen-Bressanone (Italy) in February 23-24th, 2018 at the Faculty of Education, Free University of Bozen-Bolzano, viale Ratisbona 16, in Brixen-Bressanone (BZ, Italy). How to get there?